Frequently Asked Questions
- When did the Ms./Mrs. Corporate America Competition begin?
The first competition was held in March 2008 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Orlando, FL.
- How old do I have to be to compete in the Ms./Mrs. Corporate America system?
Contestants must be between the ages of 21-55 to compete in the Ms./Mrs. Corporate America system.
- For the “Ms.” division, can I be divorced?
Applicants of the Ms. Corporate America system can be single, divorced, or widowed.
- For the “Mrs.” division, can I be separated?
Applicants of the Mrs. Corporate America system must be “happily married.” Husbands escort their wife during the formal wear category of the competition. Also, as a potential winner of a married women competition, your husband’s support will be needed during your reign.
- Is there an entry fee to compete in the Ms./Mrs. Corporate America system?
Yes, the entry fee into the competition is $900 (includes optional full page ad in the MCA Program Guide). Payment plans are available. The entry fee can be paid by yourself, sponsors, family or friends. All business sponsors will be acknowledged in the official MCA Program Guide (given to contestants, volunteers, staff, sponsors, community officials, and national women-owned businesses). Partial scholarships/sponsorships are awarded to contestants, based on need and availability.
- What does the entry fee cover?
The entry fee covers your sash embroidered with your regional title, MCA Program Guide, gift bag filled with sponsored items, professional workshop, photo shoot, some meals, transportation, and numerous other production related expenses.
- Are titles awarded based on the state in which I live?
At-large titles are awarded based on the city/county and state in which you live. There are no state preliminaries at this time.
- When and where will the 2018 national competition be held?
The 2018 National competition will take place on Saturday, April 7th at 7:30pm @ Hyatt Regency in Orlando, FL.
- Am I required to stay at a certain hotel during the competition weekend?
Yes, all contestants must stay at the host hotel during the competition weekend.
- Do you recommend contestants getting a competition coach?
It is not a requirement. However, competition coaching is a great tool to utilize. If you are interested in receiving competition tips, make sure to visit MCA’s Official Competition Coach, Valerie Hayes’s website at www.ValerieHayes.com. Check out Valerie’s articles/tips and even go shopping and purchase some of her books that will help you prepare and master your interview skills. Let Valerie know you were referred to her by the MCA Competition.
- What expenses am I responsible for during the competition weekend?
Contestants are required to pay for their travel expenses, hotel accommodations, competition wardrobe, hair & make-up, and some meals.
- Do I have to have any competition experience to compete in the Ms./Mrs. Corporate America system?
No experience necessary! Many contestants in our system have never competed in a competition before.
- How do I know if my profession qualifies to compete in the Ms./Mrs. Corporate America system?
Many professions are accepted into the competition. If you would like to inquire whether or not your profession would be accepted, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I compete in the Ms./Mrs. Corporate America system if I don’t have any community involvement?
Applicants are encouraged to have past or current community involvement, as it will be part of a winner’s platform to promote a cause or charity of choice.
- What are the competition categories?
Interview, Creative Wear, Formal Wear, & On-Stage Question. No swimsuit or talent competition. For more information on the competition categories, visit the “Judging Criteria” link.
- What are the requirements of the MCA queens?
The MCA queens become the voice and image of professional women across America for a term of 1 year. They will be responsible for conducting professional workshops, doing national radio/television broadcasts, attending seminars, participating in charitable events, and speaking to audiences about their platform.