[special_heading type=”h2″ underline=”yes”]Rebecca Tjahja[/special_heading]
Scholastic Achievement/Community Involvement:
• Eugene McDermott Scholar, The University of Texas at Dallas
• One of 25 students selected nationwide for comprehensive merit-based undergraduate program with a 4.8% selection rate
Collegium V Scholar, The University of Texas at Dallas
• One of 1% of incoming freshmen selected for membership in the university’s academic honors program
Davidson Management Honors Program Scholar, The University of Texas at Dallas
• One of 60 freshman undergraduate business students chosen for a competitive leadership cohort
Student Government at the University of Texas at Dallas
Senator, Student Organization Center Representative
• Elected by the student body to collaborate with administrators and student leaders to voice concerns of the University as a whole.
Truly Absolute, Inc., 501(c)3 Non Profit Organization
President / Founder
• Established and expanded educational, artistic, and social development programs spanning over 4 countries for low income children ranging from PreK-12th grade
• Collaborated with businesses, other not for profit organizations and political figures to secure materials and funding for current and future programs.
Honors: • • President’s Volunteer Service Award – Gold
• AT&T Foundation Scholarship Winner
• Delta Zeta Sorority
• Pi Sigma Philanthropy Chair
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?:
If I could live anywhere in the world, it would be somewhere in Europe. The cultures in Europe are so unique and distinct, and the fact that you can go almost everywhere so easily attracts the traveling spirit inside of me.
If you could meet anyone in the world, who would they be?:
If I could meet anyone in the world, it would be Selena Gomez. She is a young, powerful woman who has taken the music and entertainment industry by storm. However, most of all she does it with class.
Who is your role model and why?:
My role model is Pastor Rick Warren, pastor of Saddleback Church. He started our church with an extremely confident and passionate vision that many argued that he could not achieve. However, Pastor Rick, with the help of God, has proven every single one of those critics wrong. He posses faith and drive that is beyond understanding, something that I admire greatly!
Something interesting about you:
I love to play the drums. Yes, behind the heels and the pretty evening gown, I am a bit of a tomboy.
Three words that describe you best:
The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference by Malcolm Gladwell
Favorite TV Show:
House of Cards
My mom’s home cooked Spaghetti